Monday, March 23, 2009

Biden Wows 'em at Gridiron

As seen on BuzzFlash:

As you probably know, the insider elite "punditrocacy" in D.C. was all aghast that President Obama was the first Chief Executive since Grover Cleveland not to attend the annual roast held at the Gridiron Club (sounds like a waffle to us).

Vice President Joe Biden did the honors for Obama, and delivered a script of jokes that were actually quite funny. All Joe needed was a drumstick on a cymbal at the end of each punch line.

Decide for yourself from this transcript that's making its way around the Net:

Axelrod really wanted me to do this on teleprompter -- but I told him I'm much better when I wing it. ... I know these evenings run long, so I'm going to be brief. Talk about the audacity of hope. ... President Obama does send his greetings, though. He can't be here tonight -- because he's busy getting ready for Easter. He thinks it's about him.

'I know that no president has missed his first Gridiron since Grover Cleveland. Of course, President Cleveland really did have better things to do on a Saturday night. When he was in the White House -- he was married to a 21 year old woman. ... I understand these are dark days for the newspaper business, but I hate it when people say that newspapers are obsolete. That's totally untrue. I know from firsthand experience. I recently got a puppy, and you can't housebreak a puppy on the Internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home